Ha! I thought Tricia's idea was genius and decided to write my own:
I will not:
- Remind my daughter to wear a hat when it's 20 degrees outside. Surely she has nerve receptors that will tell her it's cold.
- Chase my students to get them to do their homework. Not my job. I already have my degree. (I tutor at the local comm. college.)
- Allow single people with no children use traffic as an excuse for being late - I made it through the same traffic, dropped off kids, changed diapers, put on a new shirt and still arrived on time.
- Shrug apologetically when I show up late because of traffic, having to change shirts, drop off kids or change diapers. See how that works?
- Chase checks. I'll just move me and my family in with whomever owes me money. (Of course all my current clients are prompt payers, I'm just sayin' in theory, someday, someone..)
- Respond seriously to ads that! use! exclamation! points! I will! instead! send my! email! like! their! posts! whoo hooo!